Thursday 5 April 2012

full circle?



my husband announced he wanted to clear our garage out today - it's not a car garage, just storage space for bikes and lawnmowers...but when you get past the stuff that's used often, there's massive space full of junk, and i mean full. we live on a farm and my husband's father does not like to throw things away...so you can imagine what it's like. it's not helped by the fact i've had boxes of stuff in there for the last 10 years full of, well, to be honest, i'd forgotten what. so when he made his announcement, i thought i'd better hang around Just In Case. and i'm so glad i did! as well as finding my raybans i thought i'd lost, which are almost retro, or at the very least, very 1990's, i came across a box of my old college work. a lot of it was fairly damaged (the mice had a made a lovely nest in a box of hats i made when i was 17) but some of it was quite interesting. i won't bore you with loads if it, but i thought i'd take some snaps of the bits i liked best. one shows i've always loved colour & pattern, (the sliver of paper you see in the top image full of bright colours is my youngest's interpretation of my improv quilt)  the other shows i've always held a torch for improv. funny that, huh?

10 comments:

style='clear: both;'
Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I know I would find nothing that exciting in our loft or garage, just maths books and dissertations on children and TV!

Annabella said...

Oh I love a good clear out but spend most of the time thumbing through the old photos, reports, school projects! Interesting to see the before after the after!

Sarah said...

Hmmm joint clearouts are trouble in our house - I'm a hoarder and he's a "chuck everything"....

Cherie said...

It's crazy the things you find when clearing out! =D

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Jakarta Hotel said...

Thanks for sharing this useful post.

Mesin Fotocopy said...

It has taken me ages to discover your site. Finally. This is just the information I was looking for.

Rings Jewelry said...

Nice blog! Keep up the good work.

Download 2018 said...

I was about to say something on this topic. But now i can see that everything on this topic is very amazing and mind blowing, so i have nothing to say here. I am just going through all the topics and being appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I really liked this part of the article. with a nice. and interesting topics. have helped a lot of people. who do not challenge things. people should know...!!!